This role will give you a chance to join the engineering team of a truly unique SaaS organization listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:LNU). We offer a fast-paced start-up environment with exposure to exciting technologies and large brand-name clients and partners.
Linius is a dynamic, high-growth video and sports technology company. Our vision is to unlock the value of our customers’ video archives and to create deeply personalized, immersive viewing experiences. We work with some of the largest sports leagues, teams, broadcasters, and companies in the sports and media industry. Our solutions power content for the Premier League, Cricket Australia, Wimbledon, the PGA, The Masters, international Rugby Union including the All Blacks and Wallabies, UFC, Racing.com, the National Basketball League, and more.
This role will see you working as the leading technical thinker and problem solver on the engineering team. You will be the senior technical member of the team and the “technical right hand” to the CTO. You will act as the company’s top technical architect, working closely with the CTO to set the technical direction of the platform and products, make key technical decisions, and solve the hardest engineering challenges for the company. You will also often be the technical face of the company in key customer and partner engagements where deep technical skills are required to understand and solve customer problems.
While not a formal leadership or management role, you will act as a key advisor to the CTO and the entire engineering team and influence key technical decisions. You will influence and lead the technical direction for the team and act as a sounding board and mentor. Your role will see you evaluating new technologies, partner integrations, and customer needs. You will work closely with Product Management and the commercial teams to understand the future product roadmap and to develop architectures and key technologies to support the roadmap. You will support customers and the deployment/operations teams, helping them solve the hardest technical issues faced by our customers.
The role is unique in that it is a true challenge for a highly experienced engineer, combining opportunities for critical thinking, design and architecture, new technology evaluation, problem-solving, and hands-on software development. While this is not a development role, you will be expected to be hands-on when necessary and be comfortable writing and reviewing code in a number of popular languages, particularly for expressing ideas through prototypes.
This is a newly created role and will require someone to be comfortable engaging in a fast-paced environment across various stakeholders. Being a smaller organisation, you will work closely with all parts of the business, our customers, and partners.
- 10+ years of software development experience, with full-stack and lifecycle coverage, comfortable with front-end and back-end engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on system design experience.
- Proven track record designing enterprise-level, high-performing, highly scalable, and available solutions essential.
- Experience in service-driven architectures, including micro-services, is essential.
- Experience developing cloud-native SaaS products is preferred and both deep and broad knowledge of the AWS service offer is required. (Other cloud provider experience is useful).
- Strong understanding of DevOps principals
- Ability to assess and select between off-the-shelf and customised/bespoke technologies, to best meet business requirements.
- Strategic thinking and a forward-looking mindset to identify opportunities for technological advancements that support business growth.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting quickly to changing priorities and requirements.
- Experience using or training AI/ML models in the extraction of information from video, audio, and images is advantageous.
- Knowledge of search and search algorithms, vector search, and large language models is highly advantageous.
- Experience in video-centric industries and/or video infrastructure is desirable with knowledge of online video formats, considerations for their encoding, protection, and online streaming advantages.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- An ability to engage with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, occasionally and by arrangement, to cater to interaction across different time zones with Linius’ international teams and customers.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
- Shared belief in the company vision
- Speed & Urgency to meet goals and deadlines
- Trust & respect for one another, knowing we are all striving for the same outcome
- Empowerment – individuals/teams take ownership
- Autonomy/accountability – do your thing, but get it done!
- Risk tolerance – freedom to fail and grow (make decisions, take action, learn, adapt)
- Market/customer focus – do what is right for the customer while meeting broad market needs
Location: Melbourne, Australia is a strong preference, however, will consider candidates in the UK and other Australian locations. We currently operate under a hybrid in-office/work-from-home work model.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
“It’s OK if you don’t understand or don’t know. It’s NOT OK if you don’t ask for clarification or help.”
“It’s OK if you make a mistake. It’s NOT OK if you don’t act.”
“Be hard on problems, gentle on people.”
We are looking for people who are excited by our vision and want to succeed together. We want people who will ask questions and bring ideas. If you want to put your mark on a rapidly growing company and be part of its success, this is your chance.