This role will give you a chance to work for a truly unique SaaS organization that lives on the cutting edge of technology, offering a fast-paced start-up environment with exposure to exciting technologies and large brand name clients and partners.
As a Product Manager, you will own the vision, definition, creation, and success of our products in the market. You will own products end to end - defining, developing, and launching innovative new products and product enhancements in the Sports, Education, and Corporate sectors. You will be a keen market analyst and identify market opportunities and customer needs that Linius can service.
You will be part of our growing Product Management team, working alongside a cross-functional team of Product owners, UI/UX designers, business analysts, engineers, project managers, solution architects, and sales engineers. You will define and deliver products for Linius and our customers in an exciting period of growth.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
(but not limited to) :
- Drive the product planning process end to end and align cross-functional resources to achieve results.
- Conduct market research to define market opportunities and customer problem sets that bring value to customers.
- Define and execute a winning go-to-market strategy including unique value and competitive differentiation.
- Develop business cases to understand the relative returns of various products and features.
- Represent product needs within the overall portfolio roadmap and support the relative priority of requested features.
- Create high-level product definitions and functional requirements that represent customer input and/or achieve strategic product objectives.
- Work with BA team to produce high-quality business requirements, user stories, and functional requirement specifications, inclusive of context diagrams and process models.
- Develop, implement, and maintain product release timelines across multiple departments.
- Develop commercial models, and manage product pricing and revenue estimates.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Linius and its features across primary market segments.
- Support the pre-sales process involving Sales, Business Development Managers, Presales Engineers, and Commercial management.
- Develop internal training and supporting documentation.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager for a SaaS solution.
- Demonstrated capabilities in the design, delivery, and launch of SaaS products, through the Product Management process from market analysis through to launch.
- Expertise in SaaS platforms and knowledge of the best practices in this domain, and a thorough understanding of pricing and packaging requirements, to optimise product revenues.
- Demonstrated commercial impact, identification of core business problems facing customers, and creating a winning business strategy around a particular market/problem definition.
- You are confident in analysing competing inputs and making difficult trade-off decisions, through data-driven analysis including P&L and cost models.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to non-technical team members and clients.
- Experience defining software requirements or features for complex products.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to be able to align multiple internal teams and external stakeholders. The individual must be extremely time-driven to be able to manage overall coordination on a timely basis and be able to alert in advance of any prospective delays.
- Experience in designing and launching products in video, streaming, OTT media.
- Knowledge of video formats and asset management technologies, video distribution, and online streaming protocols.
- Knowledge of video coding standards including MPEG-4, H.264, HEV, and video streaming protocols including HLS, MPEG-Dash.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and API integrations.
- In-depth knowledge of AI/ML, media file formats, API development, and integration.
- Knowledge of online learning and learning management systems.
- Experience in using Atlassian Jira for backlog and sprint management working within an Agile Scrum framework.