This role will give you a chance to join the engineering team of a truly unique SaaS organization listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:LNU). We offer a fast-paced start-up environment with exposure to exciting technologies and large brand-name clients and partners.
Linius is a dynamic, high-growth video and sports technology company. Our vision is to unlock the value of our customers’ video archives and to create deeply personalized, immersive viewing experiences. We work with some of the largest sports leagues, teams, broadcasters, and companies in the sports and media industry. Our solutions power content for the Premier League, Cricket Australia, Wimbledon, the PGA, The Masters, international Rugby Union including the All Blacks and Wallabies, UFC, Racing.com, the National Basketball League, and more.
As Lead QA Engineer you will be the guardian of product quality for the company, shaping the standards and processes used to ensure the highest level of output is maintained.
You will manage one other QA engineer and work closely with product management and business analysts, and as a lead member of the development team to understand requirements, qualify acceptance criteria, ensuring the ability to test and defining test cases.
You will oversee pre-production environments and work with the development and infrastructure team to ensure they are representative of suitable configurations at all levels (hardware, software, data). You will act as a gatekeeper to production, employing a mix of exploratory testing and increasingly building out greater levels of test automation around existing frameworks in the constant mission to drive out bugs. You will manage the release process, building out test coverage and troubleshooting failures in the build pipeline, and reporting updates to internal and external audiences.
You should be comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring that everyone understands what quality looks like and the part they can play in delivering that.
- 7+ years of software testing experience with 2+ years in a lead role.
- Previous experience with customer-facing web applications and software-as-a-service.
- Automated API testing experience, ideally using Postman.
- In-depth understanding of Cucumber/Gherkin (BDD).
- Solid understanding of version control systems (ideally GitHub).
- CI/CD experience (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Highly skilled at exploratory testing.
- Excellent understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Good understanding of service-driven architectures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and think outside the box.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in Node.js, Python, and/or Java is advantageous.
- Familiarity with Jira.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience and/or knowledge of video technologies, streaming, OTT media, AI/ML, data manipulation, and sports technology.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or relevant Qualifications.
Location: Melbourne Australia, UK, or India. We currently operate under a hybrid in-office/work-from-home work model.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
“It’s OK if you don’t understand or don’t know. It’s NOT OK if you don’t ask for clarification or help.”
“It’s OK if you make a mistake. It’s NOT OK if you don’t act.”
“Be hard on problems, gentle on people.”
We are looking for people who are excited by our vision and want to succeed together. We want people who will ask questions and bring ideas. If you want to put your mark on a rapidly growing company and be part of its success, this is your chance.