This role will give you a chance to work for a truly unique SaaS organization that lives on the cutting edge of technology, offering a fast-paced start-up environment with exposure to exciting technologies and large brand name clients and partners.
The Sales Engineer, Enterprise, and Education works closely with business/product line stakeholders to support the intake of business initiatives, vetting them against defined roadmaps and incorporating them into Solution Approaches.
As Sales Engineer, Enterprise and Education, you will be part of our growing team of SE’s, product managers & project managers working along with cross-organizational teams including customers, business analysis team, internal engineering, and external system integrators.
You’ll play a pivotal role in being the technical face of the company in pre-sales engagements. Your role will include uncovering customer needs and use cases, understanding customer technical environments, consulting on solutions, providing compelling product demonstrations, giving technical deep-dive presentations, running Proofs-of-Concept, and gathering technical requirements for implementation by our Product and Development teams.
Location: Melbourne, Aus as a strong preference. Will consider candidates in other Australia east coast locations
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
(but not limited to) :
- Pre-sales support, working closely with the sales team to prepare solution designs, estimating, scoping, and proposals
- Solution presentations & demonstrations, including technology-related inquiries
- Assisting with business cases for the sales teams to support their proposals
- Presenting and preparing scope of works to customers alongside members of the sales team
- Communicating a unique value proposition to the customer, which leverages one or more solutions from the Linius portfolio
- Acting as a trusted advisor to prospects, customers, and colleagues
- Act as the customer advocate on implementation projects, staying involved and ensuring projects deliver on the intended scope and objectives for our customers
- Proposal Management and RFx Responses
- Solution Workshops and POC’s
- Partner Support, strategy, and product development support
- Marketing Event Support
- Collaboration and sharing of feedback with cross-functional teams to enhance ongoing product development efforts
- Ensuring master demo environments are up-to-date with the latest available solutions, maintained, and fully available
- Train team members on demo to ensure all are fully up to speed with the demo configuration, profile, and data
- 3+ years of Pre-Sales experience selling SaaS, SW, or other technical products
- Experience actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process
- Working in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong scoping, quoting, and estimation experience, with a track record of accurately estimating large complex projects for implementation
- Ability to partner with channel and technology partners to deliver client solutions
- Experienced in delivering cloud-based technology product solutions for customers in an enterprise-level environment
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Flexible working hours across multiple time zones is a must
- Previous experience in Education and/or Enterprise SaaS
- Experience in video technologies & supporting components, transport, transcode, packaging, incl. media file formats, machine vision technology, OTT
- Knowledge of video coding standards including MPEG-4, H.264, HEV, and video streaming protocols including HLS, MPEG-Dash
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in media file workflows; including file ingest, fulfillment, delivery in both cloud & on-prem scenarios
- Understanding of software, architecture frameworks, and corporate technology and trends (e.g., Microservices, Integration, Cloud)
- Experience with documentation of workflows, architectures, service, and component level technical details
- Previous experience with software development, software integration
This role will provide the opportunity to both dive deeply into our tech and to communicate our vision, solution, and benefits in prospect-facing presentations and discussions. You will need to deeply understand the capabilities and technical elements of our solution and how they apply to the needs of our education customers (primarily Universities) and mid-to-large enterprise customers.
You’ll be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor. You’ll be acting as lead Sales Engineer during the presales process through solution implementation, providing support to the Sales Team in requirement identification, solution design, and customer presentation for Linius products.