This role will give you a chance to work for a truly unique SaaS organization that lives on the cutting edge of technology, offering a fast-paced start-up environment with exposure to exciting technologies and large brand name clients and partners.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be part of our growing BA team reporting to the Lead Business Analyst within the Engineering team and alongside a cross-functional team of Product owners, UI/UX product designers, project managers, solution architects, and sales engineers. Your aim is to ensure all requirements are identified and mapped out, identifying risks and controls for development and operations.
This role requires the individual to have high-level knowledge of SaaS products and processes, as well as video infrastructure. The individual needs to have very good communication skills to be able to talk to multiple internal teams and external stakeholders.
The individual must be extremely time-driven to be able to manage overall coordination on a timely basis and be able to alert in advance of any prospective delays.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
(but not limited to) :
- Produce high-quality business requirements, user stories, and functional requirement specifications, inclusive of context diagrams and process models
- Gather requirements from key business stakeholders to ensure complete alignment and traceability across program, project, and support
- Able to elicit requirements/user stories using collaborative techniques such as workshops, interviews, user research, etc.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain reporting dashboards for various business processes, presenting the dashboards to critical stakeholders
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Support business with acceptance testing and post-implementation verification testing
- Work with the product owner to maintain backlog, prioritise user stories for the release and sprint cycles
- Experience in working with development teams using Agile methods, particularly Scrum
- Able to work with developers leading backlog task refinement and estimation, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Write work instructions or documents for teams
- Assist in data analysis, options analysis, requirement clarification, and implementation where required
- Able to map process diagrams and user journeys, which highlight alternative flows and demonstrate complex interactions
- Lead the selection of appropriate business analysis methods, tools, techniques
- Lead the development of comprehensive stakeholder management strategies and plans
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst working on digital, software and IT projects.
- Experience defining software requirements or features for complex products
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to non-technical team members and clients
- Deep knowledge of application design concepts, case design principles, and development best practices
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or certifications
- Proven experience delivering large projects end to end
- Experience conducting workshops for requirements gathering, including working with clients, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Experience in facilitating discovery workshops.
- Working with Agile methodology practices and associated skills
- Must be flexible and quick to pick up new concepts
- Video industry experience is desirable
Ability to work alternative work schedules, particularly regular evenings/nights to align with UK based development team (2-3x per week)
- Experience in using Atlassian Jira for backlog and sprint management working within an Agile Scrum framework
- Knowledge of video formats and asset management technologies, video distribution, and online streaming protocols
- Knowledge of online learning and learning management systems
As a successful candidate, you will have experience in developing strong and collaborative relationships with stakeholders, and excellent interpersonal skills.
You will possess superior written and verbal communication skills to enable interaction with key stakeholders.