Melbourne, Australia – June 9 2020: Linius Technologies Limited (ASX: LNU) – the only cloud-based solution that transforms static video into hyper-personalized video experiences with its world-first Video Virtualization Engine™ (VVE) has received a purchase order from Sky Italia for the provision of its personalised TV solution.
- Linius Technologies has entered into an agreement with Italy’s largest Pay-Tv broadcaster, Sky Italia.
- Sky Italia has issued a purchase order to acquire Linius’ services for the development of a Personalized Channels proof-of-concept.
- The purpose of the PoC is for Sky Italia to conduct a closed trial to:
- test user engagement and reaction to personalized TV
- facilitate commercial modelling for future public release to its subscribers
- provide insights into future product design
- Existing research by Quantum Market Research of Sky UK subscribers indicates 96% of viewers want personalized channels and will pay a premium for it.
- The trial is expected to focus on sports and notably Serie A, EPL and Champions League football.
- The deal term is a one-off trial fee that includes a personalized channel builder, video virtualization and enrichment, and trial support for USD $39,250.
- Given the current global uncertainty, trial dates are yet to be finalised.
A video demonstration of personalized channels in sports can be accessed here, along with the UK research report by Quantum Market Research.