ASX Announcement – 23 October 2017
LINIUS SUCCESSFULLY INTEGRATES Virtual Video With COMCAST PLATFORM
- Linius Video Virtualization Engine™ (VVE) integrated with world-leading Comcast Technology Solutions OTT  platform
- Linius VVE available in IBM Bluemix following third party systems integration
- Linius engaged with global movie studio Roadshow Films to develop POV in anti-piracy
Linius Technologies Limited (ASX: LNU) (Linius or Company) is pleased to provide the following market update on business activities, including integration of its patented Video Virtualization EngineTM with Comcast Technology Solutions.
The Company recently announced 10 near-term commercial goals that would either directly generate or pave the way for acceleration of revenue:
Engage with a global movie studio to develop proof of value (POV) in anti-piracy;
- (Achieved) Engage with a global movie studio to develop a mass content distribution POV;
- Deliver POV of Search in a global Cloud environment;
- Deliver the integration of VVE with at least one world leading OTT platform;
- (Achieved) Deliver the integration of VVE with a major ad server;
- Generate first commercial outcome resulting from its IBM collaboration;
- Have a 3rd Party System Integrator make VVE available in IBM Bluemix;
- (Achieved) Deliver the integration of VVE into one additional cloud platform;
- Deliver the integration of VVE with at least one cognitive Artificial Intelligence (AI) provider; and
- Deliver blockchain strategy and solution design.
The Company is delighted to announce that it has already achieved 3 of these 10 commercial goals.
Deliver the integration of VVE with at least one world-leading OTT platform
The Company has now successfully integrated the Linius Video Virtualization EngineTM (VVE) with Comcast’s OTT platform.
Comcast Cable launched a new division in October 2016 — Comcast Technology Solutions — which united three of Comcast’s media and technology businesses and in doing so created a globally dominant player at the nexus of broadcast and IP convergence.
By integrating with Comcast’s technology, Linius puts itself in a position to quickly deploy virtual video into the numerous clients of one of the world’s largest OTT platforms, accelerating both deals and revenue.
“The integration with top platforms give Linius Personalized Advertising reach into the largest advertisers in the world across both Cable TV and OTT,” said Linius’ Ken Ruck, EVP, Personalized Advertising. “We are especially excited about our ability to work seamlessly with Comcast Technology Solutions’ platform, as it has huge market share and works with lots of marquee companies, including NBC Universal, Disney and Turner.”
Have a third-party System Integrator make VVE available in IBM Bluemix
The Company collaborated with Canadian strategic integrator MyPlanet to make the Linius VVE available on IBM’s cloud infrastructure — Bluemix.
The integration represents four substantial advancements for Linius, namely:
- Creates another sales channel, as MyPlanet is now capable of reselling the Linius technology to their existing customers.
- Confirms that system integration can be performed based on Linius’ existing documentation with its existing technology, validating the Company’s general business model.
- Lays the groundwork for a virtual-video backbone on IBM’s cloud and prepares to scale the usage of virtual video on a global basis.
- Enables the IBM sales and service teams to execute transactions.
Engage with a global movie studio to develop Proof Of Value in anti-piracy
As announced to ASX on 4 October 2017, Roadshow Films, a division of Village Roadshow Ltd, will use Linius’ anti-piracy solution for a high value 6-part TV mini-series to confirm POV.
This is a commercial deal that will run in parallel to traditional distribution methodologies in order to clearly demonstrate the enhanced content security and supporting commercialization plans for the $21 billion video anti-piracy industry.
 OTT — “Over The Top”. traditional broadcast video delivered over the Internet.
About Linius Technologies Limited
Linius Technologies Limited (ASX:LNU) is set to revolutionize the world of video. The Linius Video Virtualization Engine™ has cracked the code of content intelligence and created the next evolution of video streaming.
Linius transforms cumbersome, static video files into agile, dynamic files that can be easily manipulated on the fly, in order to deliver an enhanced, custom experience for both broadcasters and end-users in any way imaginable, and some as yet to be imagined.
Linius has the potential to transform many market sectors, and is initially focused on:
- Delivering personalized advertising solutions for broadcasters
- Video security and reduced piracy
- Enhancing search engine monetization
- Security-service applications
Linius’ patented Video Virtualization Engine™ cuts costs and boost revenues across the multi-billion dollar video industry.
For more information, please contact:
Chris Richardson, Chief Executive Officer
Linius Technologies Limited
T: +61 3 8680 2317
Press and Media: firstname.lastname@example.org