A full-time developer role where you will be working remotely, within a team of six specialists. You will also be part of a wider team with stakeholders located in New York and Melbourne, Australia.
Linius creates products that leverage AI and machine learning to derive insights from customer’s video content. As the company grows we are looking for the right people to join our team to develop and support our offerings.
As a start-up we’re looking for passionate people that embrace change and are willing to put in that little bit extra to make the company a success.
It is most important that candidates:
- Are self-starters that can work and collaborate effectively as part of a distributed team
- Have a good understanding of service driven architectures , especially within an AWS environment
- Have an interest in AI and machine learning implementations and optimisation.
- Understand the need for flexibility around working hours to support new product launches
A successful candidate will have:
- Solid experience with Java and Spring Boot in particular
- Demonstrably good coding skills in Python and other common dev-ops tools
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies (ElasticSearch, Cassandra and Mongo)
- A desire to learn new technologies
- Experience with implementing CI/CD tools and in building workflows for production systems
- Extensively worked with APIs and third party integrations
- An understanding of Oauth flows
We will expect the successful candidate to do:
- Implementing changes on our current platform in line with business needs
- Providing reporting metrics to the business
- Constantly improving the observability of our platform
- Develop new features in line with business needs
- Create quick PoCs to assess viability of new solutions and technologies
- Work directly with customers to capture requirements and gather feedback
- Deploy supportable, well documented solutions into the production environment
- Address any bugs that are reported promptly and keep stakeholders informed
- Participate in an out of hours support rota
Our tech stack is quite diverse and an initial target for this role is to retire old technologies and consolidate around serverless architectures.
We would like to see candidates from a sport or broadcast media background, who might have worked on products for radio or TV networks, movie studios, sporting leagues, or video editing. Ideally these will be video in the cloud, over-the-top media (OTT), or online video platforms (OVP). However we will consider candidates with relevant experience in any industry. Given the tech and complexity of the platform, finance or high-volume performance computing are alternative areas that would be considered.